Friday, October 9, 2009

Roses are pink this time

In typhoon news, my town was completely passed by. It didn't even rain. By tomorrow the clouds should be gone. We were lucky.

Now onto the weekly installment of ikebana!

Today's ikebana class was in a different house, but fortunately that house was right across the street from the old one, so it was easy to find. It's bigger than the last house and absolutely gorgeous with tatami floors, wooden engravings on the walls, and traditional Japanese crafts on display. Now that I think about it, I really should've taken some pictures of the place. I'll try to get some next time.

Here's what I made in class after Sensei fixed it:

And here's my attempt to make it again at home:


I didn't get home until really late after class because we spent so much time talking before and after flower arranging. Have I mentioned how much I love ikebana class? Well, I'm going to have to do without it for a while, because Sensei is going up to Kyoto, so the next two weeks' classes are canceled. On the bright side, once we resume we'll be making Christmas wreathes.

This means I'll have to get something to replace my weekly ikebana posts for the next two weeks. Any requests?

1 comment: