Wednesday, October 14, 2009

More food

I've been posting a lot of food entries lately. I guess I just like to eat? Anyway, here's three Japanese dishes I cooked recently:

Soboro
Soboro is the word for meat/fish/egg that has been crumbled and seasoned. This was pretty easy to make. I just cooked the chicken in a mix of soy sauce and mirin and scrambled the egg. They're sitting atop a bowl of my new rice in this picture, which I regret to say is almost all gone.

Kabocha
Kabocha are Japanese pumpkins. Sort of. I'm not sure if you can see it well in this picture, but their skin is green. And also really hard to cut with a knife. After I chopped it up and boiled it in water, soy sauce, and sugar, I didn't take another picture because I'd cut it so messily because the skin was so tough. But it was still tasty.

Taro root/Satoimo
This freaky looking thing is a taro root. It's brown and kind of hairy, but it's okay because you cut the skin off before cooking. I boiled this one and a few others in miso dashi and added tofu to them. It turned out looking like this:

It's sort of potato-like. Sort of.

So yes. I'll try to take some pictures of exciting, non-food things soon and post them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment