There's a typhoon coming. The news stories I've read describe it as being really strong, but fortunately it's heading for Honshu, which isn't the island I'm on, though Tokyo's there. (And so is Chiba. Watch out, Jamie!) Unfortunately, that means it's going to start pouring rain here any time now. There have been big gray clouds overhead all day, and I was really happy to make it to school and back without getting wet.Being a Floridian, though, I'm not too worried. I've got my bottled water, flashlight, and batteries, and I even bought a spiffy new raincoat. Typhoons? No problem. Earthquakes, however...
I have felt a few since I've gotten here, but they've all been really small. So small, in fact, that I wasn't sure I'd experienced an earthquake the first time and not just, say, a really big truck going by outside, until the other JETs texted about it.
Japan really is the land of natural disasters, isn't it? At least the closest volcano on my island is pretty far away...
No comments:
Post a Comment