And here's just a small section of the inside:
There were stalls selling everything: vegetables, clothes, handicrafts, flowers. Sort of like a flea-market, but much cooler (in my opinion). All the stuff made it easy to spend the entire morning there, shopping and just looking around. After lunch, it was on to the Silver Pavilion.
Unfortunately, it was undergoing repairs. It's also not actually silver (as you may have noticed). This is because the guy who built it way back in the day died before the silver could be put on the outside. Anyway, it's in the middle of some very pretty grounds--which were very crowded, this being a major tourist weekend. I'm still not sure whether we walked through it or were herded, but it had a lot of nice autumn leaves and a beautiful view.



After that, we walked the path of philosophy.
It's a narrow path running beside a canal that passes by a lot of temples and shrines. I wish I could say I'm more philosophical or something having walked it, but I guess it's not magical; just pretty.And the day ended with a rainbow:
Which meant that rain was coming, so we hurried to a bus stop and went back to the hostel.
No comments:
Post a Comment