Friday, September 18, 2009

A success and a failure

I have good news regarding my quest to photograph rice fields. Today during my lunch break I got out my camera and took these:

This picture doesn't even have a rice field in it, but what the heck:

The green fields in the first three pictures are all rice. I'll have to try to get a closer shot of the actual plant at some point... The pictures were all taken from my office, which is on the third story of the town's city hall building. As you can see, it has a great view.

And that's the good news. The bad news is that there won't be any weekly ikebana this week, because the JET who took me there last week is away on vacation, and when I tried to get to the sensei's house by myself, I got horribly lost. I just sent her an email apologizing profusely, and I feel really, really bad because I told her I'd be coming and she would've bought flowers for me to use :(

So now I'm going to have some tea and chocolate in an attempt to cheer myself up.

No comments:

Post a Comment