The lesson took place in the instructor's house, and while I didn't get to see much of it, the room we were in was Japanese-style and very pretty. Three other American JETs were with me, and there were five Japanese women present, instructor included. Besides introducing me to ikebana, the lesson was a great chance to chat in Japanese.
And now, behold the fruits of my labors.
This is my arrangement--after the instructor came by and fixed it up. She said I did a good job in having the main long pieces all going in the same direction, but she rearranged most of the smaller flowers so that they're facing towards you. Another important point is the smaller flowers in front that cover up the stems of the long ones in the back.
But enough of my stuff. Here's what my fellow first-time JET made:
And here's what the two JETs who have been attending for a year and know what they're doing made:

And this is what one of the experienced Japanese ladies made:
The class takes place every Friday, and I'm going next week too, so I've made a "weekly ikebana tag" so I can show off my work every week. Hopefully it'll show some improvement!And finally, here is where my masterpiece rests atop my TV at my apartment:
I could've left the TV off, but why deprive you of the sight of crazy Japanese commercials?
No comments:
Post a Comment