Sorry for the lack of updates. I just got internet installed in my apartment today, and the office has a firewall that blocks blogspot. I don't even know where to start now. So much has happened since my last post.
School doesn't start until September, so I haven't actually started teaching yet. I spend my time in the Board of Education Office, and everybody there is really, really nice. I've been taken to a baseball game (The Softbank Hawks are now my team) and a trip up into the mountains by them, and of course my welcome party. My supervisor is great and helps me out with day to day things like when something comes in the mail and I can't tell if it's a bill or not. And while I've only briefly met the teachers I'll be working with, they seem nice too.
My apartment is very nice. I've got a living room, kitchen, bathroom, and two rooms with tatami floors, one a bedroom, and the other a spare room where I hang my laundry to dry. (No dryers here.) I'll take some pictures of the place and post it here in the next few days.
I wish I had some pictures to post now...but I don't. But I'm going to a fireworks festival on Saturday, so I'll have to remember my camera. (I forgot it when I went to my first festival.)
So that's all for now. I'm alive and well--and promise to post more interesting things soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hey hey! i got a blog on here for my english class
ReplyDelete