We stayed at a little hostel that was really, really nice for only about 20 bucks a night.
Though of course we paid in Korean won. The exchange rate from Japanese yen is a good one, but it took a day or so to get used to the large denominations. The trick to mentally converting to US dollars is to drop the last three zeros. So the 1000 bill is about a dollar, and the 50,000 bill is about $50.
And everything was so cheap! Take the subway, for example.
One of our first stops in Seoul was Gyeongbok-gung, a historical palace.
There were these little statues everywhere which I think were supposed to represent the Chinese Zodiac, but I'm not sure.
There's the horse:
And this post has gotten long, so I'll break the different sections of Seoul up into different posts. Tune in later this week for more!
No comments:
Post a Comment