Thursday, January 21, 2010

Some late flowers

So I've been bad about posting this punctually. I went to ikebana class last Friday. This is my current masterpiece:


It's nice to have flowers in my apartment again, although I had to find a new spot for them. The usual place is right by my heater, and since it's on all the time now, it would dry the flowers out.

Also, flowers are more expensive in winter. Like, 500 and something yen when it was only 100 and something in summer. I guess that makes sense, though.

When I started out, I had these flowers arranged in a line from left to right. Sensei turned that line from front to back, and it made the whole thing look a lot better. Which is a pretty big fix, but I haven't arranged anything in a month, so I'm rusty ;)

We had a ton of food this week, too. Sensei did this semi-formal tea ceremony with maccha and little candies, and it was one of the Japanese lady's birthday, so we had two separate cakes. Plus the chocolate I brought back from Florida. I was so full.

All in all, it was a nice first day back.

No comments:

Post a Comment