Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Let it snow

So my hometown must have heard about the record cold in Florida, because today it decided to get serious.

This is what I saw when I looked out my window this morning. My reaction was something along the lines of *gasp* "Wow!" and then How the heck am I going to get to work? (Afraid of the slippery sidewalks, I left the bike at the apartment and just walked. Work isn't far.)

It snowed on and off all day, and I wasn't the only person in the office to leave my desk and look out the window when it was particularly heavy. At first, I thought snow like this was a regular occurrence here, but evidently the last time it snowed so much was something like two years ago.

When I got home the kids who live in the apartment upstairs were throwing snowballs, so I spent some time outside to enjoy the weather as well. Though all I did was take some pictures of the immediate area.





Not much, but it's my little neck of the woods :)

2 comments:

  1. It's so pretty! Glad you're getting around safely, though. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete