As you may know, the Japanese McDonald's is a little...
different from its American counterpart. The servings are smaller, they have their own toys, and the menu is different. But while usually the menu is different because it's more Japanese, sometimes the difference is that it's trying to be more American.
Exhibit A:

The Miami Burger. It's part of a series of American-themed burgers the Japanese McDonald's has been putting out. There was a Texas burger, an Idaho Burger, and coming soon is the Manhattan Burger. The box says it all, really: "Big America." Is it referring to the fact that American burgers are bigger than Japanese ones? That America as a country is bigger than Japan? Or that Americans are big from eating lots of burgers? I don't know, but I love it.

But the real question is, "How does it taste?" I had one for lunch, and it was really good. Although, to be honest, I'm not really sure what's very "Miami" about it.

Those are tortilla chips in there. I think the "Mexican Burger" might be a more appropriate name.
But like I said, it tasted good. And since I'm a Floridian, eating a hamburger named after a city in my state while on the other side of the world was a pretty cool experience. It definitely made my day--and my lunch. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment