Sunday, October 31, 2010

This little piggy

I was enjoying the nice cool autumn weather this week, when without warning the temperature dropped to winter-level cold. I turned on my heater, and my throat was getting scratchy from an incoming head-cold, so I did what someone recommended: I went to Trial (Japanese Wal-Mart) and bought a humidifier.

This doesn't sound like something noteworthy enough to write a blog post about, but the humidifier was so cute I just had to post pictures.



It's a 黒豚, or kurobuta, which literally translates to "black pig." This is a special pig that Kagoshima prefecture is famous for. In fact, I recently got kurobuta miso as a souvenir from Kagoshima prefecture.

And that's how my buying of a humidifier relates to Japanese culture. ;)

2 comments:

  1. That's adorable!!! :D ...I want one. I could really use it since I'm sick and it's hard to breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does help! Especially since the heater tends to make my apartment really dry in winter.

    ReplyDelete