Sunday, August 22, 2010

I'm alive!

So it's been a while since my last post. Oops. I'm still here, though. In fact, I've now been in Japan for an entire year!

One of the things that marks the occasion is my second visit to a yearly festival in the area. I remember going last year--not really knowing where I was or what was going on (though it was still a lot of fun). Now I'm experienced. ;)

I got there earlier this time. There was a parade that started at seven that I didn't even realize happened last year because I didn't get there until dark. Stalls of festival food lined the river, and the place was packed with people. I wore my yukata, which was fun but would have been nicer if it wasn't so hot outside.

There were fireworks, of course, and overall it was great night. I got to meet all the people in my program who just arrived to Japan, so I guess I'm officially a wise second-year now. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment