Every time the float stopped, there would be a new dance, and there were three floats altogether. Here's another from a side view:
And a short one:
I really wanted to get a good video of the men pulling the floats, but unfortunately it was too dark. I still want to show off the sounds of the drums and cheers, though, so I'm posting a very dark video below.
We ended up following one of the floats all the way back to its starting point, which kept us out until midnight. A few of my students were part of the official group, and Jamie and I even got to help pull the float a few times. Fortunately theses had wheels.

Everyone seemed really happy to see us, and it was a really fun night. I had no idea my little town could party so hard ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment