Monday, March 15, 2010

Cherry blossoms: to see, eat, and drink

Cherry blossom season is a big thing in Japan, as you may already know. To celebrate, there's all sorts of cherry blossom flavored foods: cakes, cookies...and coffee.

What you see on the left is a Sakura Frappuccino (not my picture, obviously). I had one this weekend at the Starbucks in the mall--and it was delicious. Seriously. I heard it's only a seasonal thing, though, which is a shame because this is my new favorite drink.

There's also cherry blossom gelatin. Someone in my office brought a box of it in as an omiyage today, and I tried it at lunch. Not only is it cherry blossom flavored, but there's an actual cherry blossom suspended in the gelatin.

So far I've eaten and drank cherry blossoms. The only thing I haven't done yet is actually see one. But not to worry. I'm going to at least two cherry blossom viewing parties next month. And I'll be sure to post lots of pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment